Developing and Challenging Forms and Conventions of Real Media Products


 When making my trailer, I took into consideration the normal conventions of a movie trailer, and decided whether or not to follow some of the guidelines. For example, it is typical in horror movies to have one “final girl”, who survives the whole film, and sometimes kills the villain.  I decided to have this in my trailer, and have chosen a young blonde girl as my final girl. She is seen running and looking frightened in the trailer, but it is not shown whether she is harmed or not. Some other guidelines I decided not to follow, such as the classic idea that the beginning of the trailer would look just like any normal movie, but then slowly turn darker and darker. I decided to let my audience know immediately that this is a horror. By showing a pan of dark trees my audience is immediately wary of what is to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment