Title Ideas

My initial ideas for the title were to have it based around the word “Scissors”, so I looked up in the thesaurus where the word came from and found that it derived from the  word “Cisorium” – meaning “cutting instrument.” I liked this title a lot, but soon saw flaws in it.
For example, why in which the word is spelt may confuse my audience, for the spelling is too different, which also meant that people may not know how to pronounce the word, and nobody would want to watch a film of which the title they can’t pronounce.
So I changed it to “Scissorium” to make it more closely linked to scissors, and easier to pronounce.
Seeing another problem with it, I then changed it to “Scissoria”, because I was afraid the “ium” part would confuse people into think it was a place, rather than a thing (museum/ emporium/scissorium – pronounced the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment